Today’s Top 10 is actually taken from The Broke and The Bookish, who apparently started the trend and has weekly themes that other blogs can use. Click the link to find out more about this fun practice. This is my first time participating due to my recent discovery, and I’m excited about today’s topic. Childhood characters you’d love to revisit as adults (or view as kids) gave me the opportunity to stroll down cherished childhood memories and reconsider books that I’d re-read every year or two because I loved those characters. So, without further ado, here’s my list of “favorite” characters I want to know more about (in no particular order)!
- Lily and Thorn from Shadow Magic : Having just finished their story, I find myself wondering how they’ll turn out once they’ve had 10 years to grow up and evolve.
- Talia from Queen’s Own: One of the first series I read set in the Valdemar universe, I would love to have another story that shows her in later years.
- Molly from Castle Hangnail : A great standalone, which leads me to wonder how Molly and her friends will get along after 10 years.
- Mercy Thompson from Patricia Briggs : Watching Mercy grow and mature over the last 9 books was awesome, and she occasionally talks about her childhood, but I would love to read a story that featured her in adolescence.
- Rachel Morgan from Kim Harrison : Another character that I loved reading about and also hinted at childhood happenings, I would love to read something written about Rachel’s younger self.
- Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone : I would love to read an early story of Karou as a chimera. Laini Taylor does such a great job with her writing that it would be amazing!!
- Sarralyn & Rikash Salmalin (Daine’s children) from Tamora Pierce : Daine’s Immortals series is one of my absolute favorites, and I really hope Tamora Pierce is planning to write up her children’s stories.
- Kendra and Seth from Fablehaven : This one feels like cheating as Dragonwatch is coming out soon, but I’ve wanted more from the Fablehaven universe since book 5 came out.
- Firekeeper from Jane Lindskold : I enjoyed this series as a whole, although it always felt like there was more story to tell after book 6. Besides, I’d love to see Firekeeper 10 years in the future.
- Jimena from Daughters of the Moon : Honestly, I’d like to see all of the Daughters of the Moon in their futures, but Jimena’s future means seeing the new crop of Daughters.
- Ari from Unicorns of Balinor : Ended before the author had finished telling the whole story, the world of Balinor was a lot of fun, and I would love to see Ari either in the future or as a young child.
- Holly Claus from Brittney Ryan : The story of Holly Claus was beautiful and left me wondering what other adventures awaited her.
Bonus: Here are a few more that are special cases!
Karigan from Green Rider : Since this series isn’t finished yet, I’m not sure how far into Karigan’s future it will go (especially since it messes with time travel), but I already know I will be sad to see the series end.
Acorna from Anne McCaffrey : We did get to see some of Acorna in the follow-up series Acorna’s Children, but no matter how hard I wish, Anne McCaffrey is no longer here to write more Acorna stories.
Sailor Moon from Naoko Takeuchi : We did get to see some of Sailor Moon’s grown-up version in Crystal Tokyo, but I’d like to see a spin-off series that focuses on how Crystal Tokyo came to be.
There’s my list, and I had so much fun putting it together! Do you have any favorite characters you’d like to visit 10 years in the future? Or maybe as a child/young adult?