Little Book of Book Making: Timeless Techniques and Fresh Ideas for Beautiful Handmade Books
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this honest review.
R: Recommended (This is at the top of the pile.)
Give it Time (It’ll grow on you.)
- Easy to read layout with informational text and photographic examples
- Multiple examples from all over the world
- Great hands-on, step-by-step projects
- Ability to lay the book flat while working on your projects
- Written without too much unexplained jargon
- The title led me to believe the book would focus more on making your own projects
Overall, I really enjoyed both the layout and subject matter. Having recently completed a college course in bookbinding, I would highly recommend this book to anyone taking a similar class or who is interested in learning about bookbinding across the globe. Public and school libraries would find this title to be a useful addition to their craft section.