I found this floating around the blog sphere, so I’m not sure who originated it, but it looked like fun! So thank you to whoever started this book tag 🙂
1. DO YOU GET SICK WHILE READING IN THE CAR?
So, I’ve noticed that for long rides on straighter roads like the interstate, I’m just fine. In town, I do get car sick.
2. WHICH AUTHOR’S WRITING STYLE IS COMPLETELY UNIQUE TO YOU AND WHY?
Kristen Britain is an author I love to read because her plots and characters transcend the pages to intertwine and battle for space in your brain long after you put the book down.
3. HARRY POTTER SERIES OR THE TWILIGHT SAGA? GIVE 3 POINTS TO DEFEND YOUR ANSWER.
Definitely the Harry Potter series. A) All of the characters are given the chance to grow and explore themselves, even minor ones. B) No normalization of stalking behavior. C) Hermione is one of the strongest, independent ladies of fantasy and you can’t make me believe otherwise!
4. DO YOU CARRY A BOOK BAG? IF SO, WHAT IS IN IT (BESIDES BOOKS)?
Do craft bags count? Because I usually keep at least one book in there with my current art projects.
5. DO YOU SMELL YOUR BOOKS?
Heck, yes! Don’t you?
6. BOOKS WITH OR WITHOUT LITTLE ILLUSTRATIONS.
The artist and fangirl inside me says, “ABSOLUTELY,” to any kind of included art. Or art that floats around the internet.
7. WHAT BOOK DID YOU LOVE WHILE READING BUT DISCOVERED LATER IT WASN’T QUALITY WRITING?
I actually enjoyed Twilight the first time I read it before the hype, but when I tried to reread to compare to the movie, I discovered that the writing was subpar to what I enjoy reading again and again.
8. WHAT IS THE THINNEST BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
Since my picture book collection doesn’t reside on any shelves currently, I’m going to guess that the books in the Unicorns of Balinor series are the thinnest (individually, of course).
9. WHAT IS THE THICKEST BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
According to Goodreads, the thickest book on my shelf is the Night Angel trilogy omnibus, but the single thickest book is The Way of Kings.
10. WHEN DID YOU GET INTO READING?
I’m pretty sure I was indoctrinated in the womb…
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CLASSIC BOOK?
As I loathe classics, this one is unanswerable.
12. IN SCHOOL WHAT WAS YOUR BEST SUBJECT?
Spelling and Math
15. IF YOU WERE GIVEN A BOOK AS A PRESENT THAT YOU HAD READ BEFORE AND HATED, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Accept graciously, then gift it to someone else or donate to the library
16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WORD?
17. ARE YOU A NERD, DORK, OR DWEEB? OR ALL OF THE ABOVE?
Definitively a book nerd.
18. VAMPIRES OR FAIRIES? WHY?
Umm, do I have to chose? Because I love both for approximately the same reasons.
19. SHAPESHIFTERS OR ANGELS? WHY?
Shapeshifters are far more interesting to me.
20. AND FINALLY: FULL ON ROMANCE BOOKS OR ACTION-PACKED WITH A FEW LOVE SCENES MIXED IN?
I’d rather the romance be on the side. Thanks!